Proteins and vitamins are much needed and essential for all of us. Usually, doctors advise you to consume supplements once you are 30+ of age – the reason being that your body requires proteins and vitamins in enough quantity that you do not get from your meals. And drinking a kiwi protein shake regularly can be a good idea for keeping yourself fit.
Your essential meal should revolve around protein and vitamins. This includes your lunch or dinner, but besides this, you need something extra to keep you fresh and energetic throughout the day. If you are not fond of milk or even if you are fond of drinking plain milk, then you should undoubtedly try a nice thick kiwi protein shake.
Shakes are everyone’s all-time favorite. Who doesn’t love shakes – be it any flavor? From kids to adults, shakes keep you full, and of course, it gives an appetite full of vitamins and proteins – something you need to stay fit. Besides, they are easy to make.
Kiwi Protein Shake
- Juice Blender
- 4 Kiwis
- 1 cup Hung Curd or Thick Curd
- 1 glass Skimmed Milk or Full Cream Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 handful Mixed Nuts
- 2 Strawberries (optional)
- 1 Banana (optional)
- 1 tbsp Protein Powder (optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Peel off and chop the kiwis into chunks.
- Chop banana, strawberries, and nuts.
- Now keep aside all these chopped items.
- In a muslin cloth, pour all the curd you have. Hang it for 10 – 15 minutes so that the water in it drains out. We need thick curd or yogurt for this shake.
- Now in a smoothie jar, add all the chopped fruits and add a cup of milk, sugar.
- Take out curd from the muslin cloth.
- Add curd to the jar.
- Next, you have to add a spoon of protein powder. This step is optional. If you do not have protein powder, then you can entirely skip this step.
- Add a few ice cubes and give a fair shake!
- Slush till everything in the jar grinds in to smooth smoothie.
- Add this thick shake into your glass jar. Top it up with mixed nuts. And if you have a sweet tooth post lunch and dinner, you can top it up with a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish your glass with chocolate or maple syrup.
- You can add any cream to it instead of hung curd or yogurt. If you prefer this to be like a milkshake, full cream milk is also one of the best options. However, if you are too diet conscious, you should add toned milk with curd.
- You can also incorporate vanilla ice cream if you want it to be served chilled. Replacing curd with ice cream is best if you are giving a kiwi shake to your kids.
Benefits of Kiwi Shake
- Kiwi is rich in vitamin C. It is the best source of vitamin C that you need for overall health.
- Kiwi also has many antioxidants that keep you healthy.
- Nuts are a complete source of fiber and protein.
- Milk contains calcium and protein and always good for your health and bones.
- Protein powder contains lots and lots of protein.
Hence, this kiwi shake recipe is undoubtedly the best option for you to have in the summers.