Last summer, I, along with my friends, had a party at my house. My friends asked for something good to drink, something SMOOTHIE. The options are quite countless, but why not try some own combinations?
We went through lots of ideas, hours of blending, and finally got a good taste for our tongue. Yes, you’re thinking exactly what I am going to talk about! A delicious Kiwi Banana Smoothie. This recipe is one of the good smoothies in terms of taste and as well as nutrition. This makes it a healthy breakfast for grown-ups as well as an energy booster for adults.
Kiwi Banana Smoothie could be a healthy energy recipe for kids who don’t prefer leafy greens. It is an easy and quick breakfast. The smoothie is better preferred to take before some muscle work.
Ingredients for Kiwi Banana Smoothie
The main ingredients for the kiwi banana smoothie are:
- Two fresh medium-sized bananas
- Three frozen medium-sized kiwis
- Fresh slices of kiwi and banana for garnishing (Optional)
- 1 cup crushed ice (optional)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup orange juices
- One full tablespoon honey (Optional)
Note: The above quantities are supposed to prepare two servings of kiwi banana smoothie.
How to prepare this Kiwi Banana Smoothie Recipe
Serving fruit smoothie to your kids is a great idea to encourage them to try different types of fruits. With the base of banana and greenery of kiwi mixed with the sweetness of honey and little milk or yogurt, this kiwi recipe happens to be one of the best smoothie recipes, especially for children. As we can find, they mostly ignore easy fruits like a banana; I am sure that this kiwi banana smoothie will involve these fruits.
So, without wandering around, let’s pop into our preparation guide for banana kiwi smoothie.
Peel, wash, and chop bananas and kiwis. Place all of them in a blender. Blend until it turns into a creamy look. Add yogurt, orange juice, and honey and blend it for 15 to 30 seconds. Although these ingredients are included, these are not a must and can easily be replaced with any related ingredients (For Example, Sugar instead of honey).
If you had chosen to include ice cubes for extra chillness, add them and blend it again for another 1 minute. Take two serving glasses and pour it on both. Finally, take small slices of bananas and kiwis and garnish with them. Now enjoy your drink and kill your thrust.
- Yogurt or milk plays a good role in changing the drink’s flavor, and it is advised not to add yogurt/milk in more amounts. It also suppresses the flavor of the fruits if overused.
- Yogurt may be wholly removed from the smoothie recipe or just replaced with almond milk or just milk for the taste difference. Still, overuse is not recommended.
- Crushed ice while blending gives chillness to the smoothie, which feels good, especially in hot summers.
- I will recommend you to add a tablespoon of honey. It adds sweetness to your smoothie and is also a benefiting substitute for other sweet ingredients for your healthy diet. But still, it is not a must ingredient for the banana kiwi recipe.
- Use regular yogurt instead of frozen ones.
- In case you want to use bananas instead of oranges, try some frozen and ripe bananas to give extra texture.
- It is better to serve Banana Kiwi Smoothie before working out.
Benefits of Kiwi Banana Smoothie
This kiwi recipe contains a banana, which is a good source of potassium. It maintains our blood pressure and keeps the heart-healthy. A single banana can provide 10% of daily potassium needs to our body, containing about 300 to 400 mg of potassium. Additionally, the healthy fibers in banana help beat gastrointestinal issues plus curb appetite. This total fats and cholesterol-free diet with high calories will give you as much energy, which is suitable to serve before a workout.
Along with it, the kiwi being a high-fiber, potassium-rich diet, it also aids to your heart and provides minerals which help to boost your body all day long. Besides this, it’s richness in vitamin C helps to treat asthma. It is suitable for anxiety, acts as a moisturizer for your skin, reduces blood clotting, and so on.
One of the optional but recommended ingredients of the recipe, yogurt, is high in protein, strengthens your immune system, and protect against osteoporosis. It adds sweetness and flavor to the smoothie.
All the whole, this kiwi smoothie is a perfect combo pack for boosting your day.