How to prepare the Kiwi Lime Sorbet?
- Blender or Food Processor
- ¾ pounds Kiwis (peeled and roughly chopped)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Honey (optional)
The main ingredients for the preparation of simple syrup are:
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- In a small bowl, add lime juices and honey.
- Whisk it until the honey is dissolved.
- Wash, peel, and chop the kiwis into small pieces.
- Place the chopped kiwis and sugar in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the kiwi puree to the lime mixture and mix well.
- Cover and place it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Scoop, serve, drizzle syrup over it, and enjoy.
The steps to prepare simple syrup are:
- In a cooking pan, add water and sugar.
- Place it over medium-high heat, cook, and stir it often until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Bring the sugar mixture to simmer for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and allow cooling before using it.
- The mixture will not set very hard, so it is easy to scoop out.
- You can also prepare this kiwi sorbet recipe two days ahead, but let it stand at the average temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- You can also process the mixture in an ice cream maker.
Benefits of Refreshing Kiwi Lime Sorbet
A kiwi lime sorbet is beneficial for health. A scoop of kiwi lime sorbet serves you 25 kcal of calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, and 1.2 mg of Vitamin C. Kiwi lime sorbet also contains calcium. If you are experiencing weakness in your bones, then you ought to try this recipe.
Kiwi, a year-round fruit, is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Potassium, folate, magnesium, and other nutrients. Along with it, it also aids in your heart and provides minerals, which help to boost your body all day long. Besides this, kiwi is good for anxiety, reduces blood clotting, and helps to treat asthma.
Along with kiwi, lime is a rich source of Vitamin A, B, C, D, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. They contain flavonoids and antioxidants. So, it improves indigestion, lowers blood sugar, helps in weight loss, fights infections, and reduces inflammation. As lime is a good source of potassium and magnesium, it promotes heart health.
As a whole, refreshing kiwi lime sorbet is a perfect refreshing ending to any Asian menu.
2 thoughts on “Refreshing Kiwi Lime Sorbet”
I love the idea of this kiwi lime sorbet. I bet it is supper refreshing.
This looks so refreshing. I love the combination of lime with kiwi. The colour too looks fantastic.