Chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream is nothing but heaven. This is just the right kind of food for all the bakers and food lovers in town. Nothing can go wrong with a kiwi chocolate cake. And to make your dinner more impressive, it has to be topped with some cream cheese or vanilla ice cream. What a heavenly sin it is to bake your own cake and eat it too.
Presenting here a small kiwi cake recipe with some simple and easy ingredients that are already available in your kitchen pantry.
I am sure this kiwi cake recipe will be one of your best kiwi dessert recipes until now. For anyone who loves extreme chocolate cake, this is it! If you plan to bake this, please go through the highlights (ingredients and method) for a bit of guidance. Do give it a try even if you are a new baker in the town.
- 225 grams of salted butter
- 2 cups and two tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 150 grams of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One teaspoon coffee
- One teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh kiwis
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Three eggs
- Two teaspoons of vanilla essence
- Cake tin for baking
How to prepare Kiwi Chocolate Cake?
- The first step first, preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, empty all-purpose flour. Add all the other dry ingredients: brown sugar, dark chocolate, baking powder, coffee, cocoa powder, and walnuts.
- Now mix this dry mixture thoroughly.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to it, namely boiling water, vanilla essence, salted butter, and three eggs.
- Whisk everything thoroughly for at least half an hour.
- Whisking is the key to form a soft, lightweight, airy, and spongy kiwi cake.
- Now here lies the catch – you can either empty the bowl of chopped kiwis herein while mixing, or you can either garnish your double chocolate cake with it. Both taste yum.
- Place butter paper in the cake tin. If you do not have butter paper, you can grease your cake tin with a few drops of oil (any) and dust the tin with all-purpose flour.
- Pour the mixture with light hands into the cake tin. Place the cake tin into your pre-heated oven.
- Now, bake it for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Keep a check on your kiwi cake. Check it properly with a toothpick method. Prick a toothpick in the middle of your cake, and if the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready.
You can garnish your kiwi chocolate cake with dark chocolate.
It would be best if you melted your dark chocolate in a double boiler. Decorate your cake with chocolate icing. Top it with chocolate chips if you have it in your kitchen pantry or leave it like a chocolate plain cake. Top it up with some extra chopped kiwis. Please place them in any manner. Decorate it with kiwis. Your children would love this yummy kiwi chocolate cake.