Do you like to consume green vegetables more than other sources of nutrition? This excellent Spinach Kiwi Smoothie guide might be a perfect read for you. A straight greeny juice might look dull and tasteless to you. Who would like to drink a dark greenish smoothie looking like a thick paste or some ayurvedic paste, Right? At least, I won’t try to drink if I see something like that.
But you need not worry. We have solved the problem with this spinach kiwi smoothie. A fantastic smoothie recipe with the taste and color of kiwi, mixed with Spinach’s nutritious richness. A perfect couple!
Not an admirer of Spinach? No problem at all, we have Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie – a similar kiwi smoothie recipe with a change in looks. The best thing about this kiwi and spinach smoothie is that it is shallow in calories. Regarding its benefits, we have lots to tell, while quite a few are stated at the recipe guide’s end.
Kill your thrust in just 5 minutes.
Grab your fruits, and get ready to blend!
Ingredients for Spinach Kiwi Smoothie
This kiwi green smoothie is quite sugar-free, but changes can be made accordingly. The minimal ingredients required for one serving are as follows;
- 1 or 2 kiwis
- One handful spinach
- One ripe banana (for extra sweetness)
- cold water
- Sweetening agent(optional)
How to prepare this Green Kiwi Smoothie Recipe
If you are fond of smoothies during hot summers, a green smoothie is always a great idea. In this particular recipe, banana is used to give the smoothie an extra taste and texture. It can be replaced with any other fruits like apple, pineapple, or you can also try the Kiwi Pineapple Juice.
Kiwi Green Smoothie is a perfect drink for a low-calorie diet. In terms of smoothies, green smoothies are always better and healthier than fruit-based smoothies. Still, you can add fruits for added flavors.
First, peel off the kiwis and cut them into pieces. Take the Spinach and rinse them properly along with a banana in sufficient detail. Put them together into the blender. Add one tablespoon of sugar into the mixture and little water. Blend it till the smoothie starts looking like a paste. Now serve the drink with ice cubes, added toppings of your choice with added breakfast.
- The smaller the pieces of fruits, the easier will be to blend the smoothie.
- You can replace sugar with any natural sweetening agents like Medjool date or agave syrup.
- You may also use cold water in the mixture instead of adding ice cubes while serving.
- It is always better to use natural sources of sugar as a sweetening agent. For example, sweet fruits, honey, agave syrup, etc
- Lemon and mint can also be added to texture and taste, which blends well with any kiwi recipe.
- For easiness, cut all the fruit pieces together into a bag and store it in a fridge. Now, every time you need to hydrate yourself, unpack the bag and blend it.
- Use fresh spinach leaves because the nutritions present in Spinach are halved in a week.
- You may also use apple, pineapple, cucumber, or oranges to experiment with the taste of this kiwi smoothie recipe.
- Use fresh baby spinach instead of long time stored ones.
- Smoothie technically means fruits squeezed together to make a paste-like drink. So, it is better not to use too much water, making the glass look too juicy.
- Use some strawberries to bring the natural sweetness to the kiwi and spinach smoothie.
- Usually, smoothies are milk-based, but this one is a fresh vegan-based smoothie. Still, adding some yogurt is a good idea if you love it.
- This spinach kiwi smoothie can be taken as lunch but works excellent as breakfast and dessert too.
Benefits of Kiwi and Spinach Smoothie
Talking about the qualities of this spinach kiwi smoothie, it helps to cure inflammation and comes with loads of Vitamin C. As we already know that green vegetables are suitable for the eyes, this is must-have food in your diet – The most crucial part of this recipe.
Moreover, this kiwi recipe is a perfect solution for people who do not like to eat Spinach, but why to exclude such healthy food from the diet, right? That is what the recipe does for you. According to ndtv, Spinach contains the nutritions responsible for reducing stress, maintaining blood pressure level, and acting as a source of iron, magnesium, and other healthy nutrition.
Apart from these, the kiwi spinach smoothie is also good for your skin. It helps your body make your skin clearer, avoid acne, and, indeed, a better and natural replacement for skin conditioners. Taking care that too much Spinach might not be suitable for everyone, especially for taking blood thinners.