The berry seasons are upon us, and this Strawberry kiwi jam is one of the best ways to use fresh strawberries. This quick recipe is sweet and tart from the mixture of strawberries and kiwis. Its consistency is perfect- spreadable, light, smooth, and full of delectable fruit pieces. The Strawberry kiwi jam is called perfection.
You can have it with anything you can find to put jam on. You can drizzle the kiwi fruit jam on the top of cake, smoothie, or in yogurt. And most importantly, use strawberry kiwi jam to make the homemade strawberry cake or strawberry cream cheesecake. This jam is excellent for beginners.
This kiwi jam recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to process. In about 40 minutes, the jam is cooked. It takes about 2 hours to macerate and 12 hours to rest the fruit jam.
The main ingredients to prepare the Strawberry kiwi jam are mentioned below:
- Three pounds of fresh strawberries
- One medium-sized fresh kiwi
- Three cups of sugar
- Four sprigs of mint (optional)
- One tbsp chopped ginger (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon unsalted butter
Note: The above quantities are supposed to prepare five half-pint jar.
How to prepare this Strawberry Kiwi Jam?
- Wash and dry the strawberries, and dice it into ½ inches pieces. Dice it about eight full cups.
- Peel and chop the kiwi into ½ inch cube pieces.
- Add cubed kiwi and strawberries to a large bowl.
- Stir the fruits along with sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add chopped mint and vanilla extract.
- Cover and leave it to macerate for about two hours. You can also refrigerate overnight.
- The next step is to sterilize the jars. With boiling water, clean the jam jars with a kitchen towel.
- In a large, heavy pot, add the fruit mixtures.
- Cook on the medium-high heat and carefully stir the mixture.
- Stir the mixture often as it comes to boil and stir relentlessly when it reaches a hard boil.
- After 25-30 minutes, the jam will be thick, and add butter to break up the foam.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the remaining foam and turn of the heat.
- Carefully spoon the hot preserves in the warm jars leaving about ½ inch headspace.
- To remove any air bubbles, run a plastic knife around the jar.
- Wipe jar rims with a damp towel and seal it.
- Boil the jars for 10 minutes and let it cool for 12 hours.
- Test the jar seal by removing rings and lifting by their flat lids.
- You can store it for 3-4 months.
- You can also sterilize jars in a dishwasher.
- Stir the jam to avoid sticking and burning the mixture.
- Do not use the cold jar for filling.
- If the lid releases, the seal is not formed. The unsealed jars should be refrigerated and used within a month.
Benefits of Strawberry Kiwi Jam
The main ingredients of Strawberry kiwi jam are kiwi and strawberry. The health benefits of both components are impressive. These ingredients are juicy and rich in potassium and Vitamin C. The kiwi fruit jam has low sodium and low-fat value.