Not everyone loves the sour taste of lemon kiwi juice, greeny smoothie, or any plain kiwi juice. Some people, including me as well, really enjoy sweet fruits like strawberries. That is why I came up with the idea to mix kiwis with some orange, strawberry, and milk base to create a delicious Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie. The basics of the recipe are beneficial for good health.
As traditional or plain kiwi quencher juice possesses a dark greeny texture, which most children do not like. The color of juices and smoothies plays the right role. The added strawberry gives quite a good texture to the smoothie, making the smoothie tempting.
Apart from its taste and color (of course), it’s super easy to prepare and even more effortless and enjoyable to empty the glass of a finely prepared kiwi strawberry smoothie.
How to make Strawberry Kiwi Smoothies?
- Juice Blender
- 8 Strawberries
- 3 Kiwis
- 1 cup Crushed Ice or Chilled Water
- ½ cup Milk or Yogurt
- ½ cup Orange Juice (Optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Wash and chop the strawberries.
- Wash, peel, and chop the kiwis into pieces.
- Place them with milk and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add some ice cubes and blend it again for a minute or two.
- Take two serving glasses and pour the smoothie.
- Garnish with slices of strawberries and kiwis as well as some mint and lemon if you love them.
- The greater the number of strawberries and oranges, the more light-reddish will be the drink's color.
- Yogurt or milk plays a good role in changing the drink's flavor, and it is advised not to add yogurt/milk in more amounts. It also suppresses the flavor of the fruits if overused.
- Yogurt may be wholly removed from the smoothie recipe or just replaced with almond milk or just milk for the taste difference. Still, overuse is not recommended.
- Banana may be used instead of oranges and leave out all the juice to make a perfect kiwi strawberry juice or smoothie. This also helps in saving calories.
- Crushed ice while blending gives chillness to the smoothie, which feels good, especially in hot summers.
- Not everyone may like the recipe as it includes milk or yogurt base with some oranges. Want some change? Use some sweetening agent like agave syrup or just sugar and replace the oranges with half banana. This helps with its taste.
- Use regular yogurt instead of frozen ones.
- In case you want to use bananas instead of oranges, try some frozen and ripe bananas to give extra texture.
- Kiwis are a must for this smoothie. The reasons are both, the base of this strawberry kiwi juice or smoothie is kiwi and gives nutrition value to the recipe and some cool texture due to its little brown seeds.
- Honey may be used for a sweeter taste.
- If you are in a plan to gain weight, you may add some fat. Some examples of healthy fats are coconut, avocado, peanut butter, and almond butter. Any of these fat sources works well with this kiwi smoothie recipe.
Benefits of Strawberry Kiwi Juice or Smoothie
The Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie has many antioxidants and vitamins C, E, and A. Both strawberries and kiwis are good sources of fiber, making this a right, tasty, and naturally sweet blend to lower cholesterol levels.
Adding up the fact that the high levels of antioxidants present in this kiwi berry smoothie make this a cancer-fighting powerhouse. As per Well plated, strawberry kiwi smoothie is quite useful for fighting cold during winter as well as hydrating your throat with this naturally sweet smoothie.
A cup of strawberries consists of more vitamin C than an orange. To enhance the vitamin levels, this recipe includes both of them. Apart from these benefits, Strawberries also prevent Heart Attacks. Research from the Harvard Medical School found that regularly eating strawberries reduces the risk of a heart attack.