A twist in a classic cake with kiwi and lime has an incredible taste. The kiwi lime loaf cake is moist and tender, made from fresh kiwi fruit and lime. This easy kiwi cake recipe always impresses people around you and makes your home smell like spring. Kiwi lime loaf cake with yogurt is a surprisingly refreshing sweet cake.
The kiwi lime loaf cake with yogurt recipe takes about 15 minutes for preparation and 50-60 minutes for cooking.
The main ingredients for kiwi lime loaf cake with yogurt are mentioned below:
- Two cups all-purpose flour
- One tbsp Baking powder
- One tbsp Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- One teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Butter (optional)
- Two eggs
- One cup granulated sugar
- One medium lime
- 2-3 fresh kiwi fruits
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
Note: The above quantities are supposed to prepare six servings.
How to prepare this Kiwi Lime Loaf Cake?
- First of all, whisk all the dry ingredients, including flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make your wet mixture by combining sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Whisk until all the ingredients are nicely integrated, and the eggs are beaten well.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredient into the wet one and stir.
- Whisk until there are no visible patches of the flour.
- Add the pureed fresh kiwi fruit and fold it until it’s incorporated.
- Lastly, add oil to it, and using a spatula fold the oil in the cake batter.
- At this point, your cake batter will be quite runny.
- Pour it into your loaf pan and bake the cake for 50-60 minutes until the skewer comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the cake cool for 10 minutes and transfer it to a wire rack.
- Pour over some lime syrup while the cake is still warm.
- Dust it with sugar before serving.
How to make Lime Syrup?
The kiwi lime loaf cake is moist on its own, but you can add lime syrup over if you need extra syrup. Steps to make lime syrup are comfortable as the simple syrup. Just add an equal part of lime juice and water, and enough sugar to make that mixture.
- Use regular Greek yogurt instead of a frozen one.
- Do not over mix the cake batter. If you overmix the batter, you will risk baking a gummy cake.
- If your cake is baking faster, cover it with thin aluminum foil.
- To prepare a loaf pan, lightly oil the pan, line the pan with parchment paper, lightly oil the parchment paper too, and finally dust it with flour.
Benefits of Kiwi Lime Loaf Cake with Yogurt
This kiwi cake recipe has yogurt in it, which is high in protein and strengthens your immune system. Yogurt adds flavor to the cake and makes it tender, soft, and moist. Along with it, the main ingredient kiwi is a high-fiber and potassium-rich diet. It provides minerals and also aids your heart.