Are you tired of staying at home with not so much stuff to do during this pandemic situation? Well, it’s time to try out some new stuff. Many of you might not be keen on cooking this summer, but the mouthwatering kiwi lime pie recipe will drag you guys to the kitchen even if you are not a cooking type of person. You can taste the refreshing tango and tart flavor of fresh kiwi fruit and lime that goes with every mood. This homemade dessert will surely surprise you.
Kiwi Lime Pie is a sweet, delicious, and creamy dessert pudding with juicy kiwi fruit as the primary ingredient. The dish’s recipe is pretty simple, and anyone who is staying at home can experience the taste of this pudding.
This kiwi pie recipe takes about 10 minutes for preparation and about 20 minutes for cooking the pie. You need to cool the kiwi pie for about an hour.
The key ingredients to prepare this delicious pudding of Kiwi Lime Pie are as follows:
- Four kiwis, peeled and cut into thin slices
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Five egg yolks, beaten
- Four tablespoons lime zest
- a 14-ounce can sweeten condensed milk
- Two tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup old-fashioned uncooked oats
- Four graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- Two tablespoons water
- One tablespoon ground flax
Note: These ingredients can make up to twelve servings.
How to prepare this Special Kiwi Lime Pie?
Follow this simple kiwi pie recipe, and anybody can be a chef at home.
- First, heat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the flax and water in a small bowl and stir it with a teaspoon. Put the mixture aside.
- Grind the graham crackers and oats into fine small crumbs in a food processor. Transfer it into a separate bowl.
- Grind the pumpkin seeds in a clean coffee grinder. Then add it to the graham cracker mixture. Also, add the flax mixture and stir it until a coarse meal forms.
- Press into the bottom and up sides of an 8*8 size pie plate.
- Take a large bowl and place the condensed milk, egg yolks, lime zest, and juice. Whisk it well until a thick creamy mixture forms.
- Pour this mixture into unbaked graham crust and smoothen the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake this mixture for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are firm and the center still giggles when you shake the pan.
- Take out the pie from the oven then let it cool for 30 minutes. Decorate the pie with kiwi slices on the top. When the pudding is fairly cool, wrap it in plastic for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours before serving.
- To get the taste of another superfood, add a spoonful of Greek yogurt to dress up the dessert even more.
- It is better to use left-over condensed milk as it freezes well.
- The dish is especially tasty during the spring and summer seasons. So, it is the best time to try the pie.
Benefits of Kiwi Lime Pie
The kiwi lime pie is very beneficial to our health. Even a slice of the pie can pump up the energy level in your body. A slice of kiwi pie serves you 219 calories and contains 6 grams protein,73 milligrams sodium, 7 grams fat, 34 grams carbohydrates, and 1 gram fiber. The pie is rich in calcium, providing 11% of 100mg calcium on a 2000 calorie diet. If you are experiencing weakness in your bones, then you ought to try this recipe.
Besides, this pie offers a small amount of iron and some fatty and amino acids. As a whole, having a kiwi dessert can boost your performance than any other usual day.